Tuesday, February 24, 2009

OCD Planning

I am obsessive compulsive when it comes to planning, especially vacations. I will spend months researching an area that we will only visit for days or a week at a time. My current obsession is Chicago and Toronto - I have had the opportunity to fall in love with the idea of Chicago from my husbands frequent business trips as well as one of my favorite blogs. Toronto though is a great mystery that I am currently exploring. So much to see and do - I think I am most excited at the idea of getting my passport. I can smell the pages, see my picture, imagine what it will feel like to get my first stamp. See - obsessed.

Okay, update to come tomorrow. It will be a busy day filled with hope and promise as I begin my career in health care. For tonight, I going to tuck into a gorgeous chicken I roasted with lemon, EVOO, rosemary, cracked pepper, onion, and lots of veggies. There is nothing more comforting than a roasted chicken still warm from the oven.

4 comments:

Jon and Jenetta said...

How was the first day?

I'm on day three now and slowly starting to get the hang of things here.

sorry, they don't stamp your passport when you go to Canada. They just scan the barcode...

Jenetta Penner said...

I hope your day was great!!

Jeneta

Wendy said...

Thanks for crushing my hopes and dreams Jon LOL That just gives me an excuse to plan another trip!

Wendy said...

Yesterday was just filling out forms and going through a pre-work physical. It was actually somewhat funny! More to come about that later. Thanks for the well wishes!